Saturday, February 23, 2019

Happy new me

Good riddance 2018,I bid adieu to the year that was & wasn’t at the same time.It has been such a fluctuating year of highs and lows that I need to hold myself tight to prevent from getting derailed. But, the storm has calmed down & I am tip-toe to the new year, towards 2019.This is the year, I promise myself not to beat around the bush, not hide behind I’m fines, will not shield my truth. I am going to be heard with a voice higher than a whisper because keeping quiet has not done me any good.I refuse to hide inside the safety of my comfort zone & lock myself in a bubble. I cannot let my routine take over my ambitions
In 2019, I am going to break out of my rut. I am going to say yes to adventure. I am going to face fears. I am going to give myself a chance to act spontaneous.I am not going to give my what-ifs more credit than they deserve.I am not going to hold myself back coz the meddling little voice in the back of my head is warning me to play it safe. I am going to walk on the edge.In 2019, I am going to push boundaries & furnish life to my wildest dreams.I am not going to aim for the stars and shoot for the starlight. I am going to be my own motivation. I am going to pen my success story . 
In 2019, I am going to be the warrior princess & the Wonder Woman. 
I am going to keep my soft heart but ditch my baggages, my self-hatred & self-doubt. I am going to make a vow to be the best.I am going to sprint through life and slow down at the same time. I am going to keep my gaze zoomed onto the road in front of me, not the gravel littered behind me.
In 2019, I am going to keep my head high & am going to pursue my passions instead of hovering in the same place. I am going to chase excitement instead of letting it escape me. I am not going to let another year cycle by without at least attempting to reach my own personal milestones. I am not going to be filled with the same set of regrets 365 days from now. I am going to make the most of 2019. I am going to make sure to treat every single day as my last.

In 2019, I am going to say goodbye to the numbness. I am going to walk away from the mundane. I am finally going to take a chance on myself. I am finally going to feel alive. 

No comments: